Tewly Freedom

Tewly Freedom
Let's Drink

Wednesday 9 November 2011

The Last Reflection

Final Reflection
Here is the last refection which is mainly talking about  not only what I have learnt and got from enrolling Electronic Business unit for my last semester in UWA but also implement those concepts and ideas in other projects including real life scenarios . Starting from there were many activities that I have been through during the semester that will be listed in the following content.    
Activities in class + assignments
-          Debate
-          Group activities
-          Seminars (Guest speakers)
-          Second Life project
-          Lecture
-          Technology analysis
-          Reflections
-           Quizzes
-          Online practice (multiple choices)
-          Lecture in SL
As you can see from the list, many activities had been assigned to students in order to develop and implement their ideas to utilize in the practical situation such as work place and related assignment.
For example,
Debate is one of my favorite activities because this activity teaches me how speak critically in term of persuade the others to believe in my speech which is the core idea for doing debate. Moreover, there is another reason behind for doing debate which is I was motivated to revise the chapters unintentionally; therefore, this is an effective method for me to keep updated with the weekly chapters.     
Group activities are awesome in my perspective because I have got a chance to show off my ideas and share with my team members. Moreover, what I got from doing group works is that my ideas have been expanded by discussing the particular topics with both of my team mates and the whole class. Therefore, getting new ideas and learn how to develop your own ideas with others, plus critic and recommend others’ ideas to make them more corrective and accurate are the main reasons from doing group works.  





Quizzes are the most effective medicine for keeping me alert all the time for the whole course because if you are not well prepare for each quiz, the mark will be affected by a bad performance for sure. Therefore, each student has to prepare for each quiz intensively. However, the above reason is not main reason for doing the quizzes. In my perspective, the main reason to do the quizzes is to allow students to have a chance to show and implement their understanding in each chapter toward the quizzes.

Highlight of this reflection
Come to the highlight of this reflection, in this section will be talking about the most impressive activity which is an online game called “SECOND LIFE”. I had a chance to do an unforgettable activity where I have to create an avatar to explore the Second Life particular environment in Dublin order to observe the information in marketing, event & operations, market and CFO perspective.  Therefore, the following list will be the sub-activities that I did in this Second Life activity. 

What is Second Life? see the below video :)

Second Life activity
-          Role playing
-          Searching information in SL (Dublin)
-          Make a presentation in SL
-          Working with other students from international university (Sweden)
What I got from doing this activity
As the assigned roles for each group, students have a chance to hunt the required information for each role to answer the case study questions.  Therefore, all the information was linked to chapters in class or we can say that students have to implement all they have learnt through the semester to utilize in Second Life assignment. So, this is so AWESOME for me to apply all my knowledge in the Second Life assignment because it is not only a new way of testing students through online game but also this is a real world practice which can be developed to be a future business and work as well.   

Moreover, I also got a chance to make a presentation via Second Life. This form of presentation is so completely new to me.  In my perspective, it is so amazing that we can do the presentation or even lecture in online game where students have no need to go there physically; as a result, students can attend this presentation and lecture from every corner of the world. For example, the students from Sweden joined this memorable moment with us in Second Life.   



IMPORTANTLY
I can implement this knowledge to develop one of my projects which is Marketing and Society unit where I have to promote the campaign called “The TRAIL” to make a donation against cancer; as a result, the Trail has been promoted in Second Life by implementing and combining the electronic marketing and traditional marketing aspects such as 4Ps and IMC to promote the campaign successfully.  

The Advertisement for the Trail Project
Conclusion for the whole semester
THIS UNIT (ELECTRONIC BUSINESS) IS SO FREAKING AWESOME THAT TEACH ME HOW TO DO THE BUSINESS ONLINE and HOPE THAT I CAN MAKE SOME MONEY SOON…..

1 comment: